- This event has passed.
Can a Private Foundation Help You Achieve Your Charitable Goals?
April 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Wednesday, April 19, 12-1pm ET:
“Beyond Checkbook Giving: Can a Private Foundation Help You Achieve Your Charitable Goals?”
Guest: Jessica Donahue, Foundation Source
As part of Copper Leaf Financial’s focus on charitable giving and legacy planning we are very excited to invite you to our April virtual townhall on the topic of using a private foundation as a vehicle for your philanthropy. We’ll discuss how private foundations work and how they differ from other charitable tools such as donor advised funds (DAFs) and charitable trusts.
Join us and you will learn how a foundation can be used to create a permanent philanthropic legacy as well as build an enduring structure for family giving.
Specifically, we’ll discuss:
- Tax benefits
- Legal and governance considerations
- The potential for hiring family members, making grants to individuals and even setting up a separate nonprofit.
We will also answer common questions about private foundations including:
- Do you need millions to set up a foundation?
- Can you use a foundation with other charitable tools such as donor advised funds, trusts and LLCs?
- What kind of assets can go into a foundation and what’s required to set one up?
This virtual townhall is hosted by Michael L. Thompson, CAP®, AIF®, AEP® of Copper Leaf Financial and features Jessica Donahue from Foundation Source, the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive services for private foundations.
Click here to register.