Webinar: Navigating Turbulent Financial Markets: An Investing Town Hall
Thursday, May 20
Hosted by Michael L. Thompson, CAP®, AIF®, AEP® of Copper Leaf Financial and featuring investment expert Apollo D. Lupescu, PhD, a highly regarded speaker, and Vice President from Dimensional Fund Advisors. Apollo has the unique ability to convey the technical aspects of investing in a manner that is understandable and relatable to investors of various level of financial acumen.
We will cover unique insights on topics including:
- is it the right time to invest at market all-time highs?
- government stimulus spending, inflation and national debt;
- Bitcoin and the “meme stocks”;
- bond investing during historical low interest rates;
- perspective on broad market and asset class performance;
- market downturn mitigation strategies;
- the disconnect between the market and the economy;
- the impact of a Democratic unified government on the stock market;
- perspectives on investing in the big, dominant tech stocks;
- context on the coronavirus crisis and forward perspectives;
- the role of diversification in international, small cap and value stocks.
Join us to learn more about the market and investing.
More about Apollo D. Lupescu, PhD:
Dimensional Fund Advisors is a premier global investment firm managing over $600 billion in assets for institutional investors and clients of select financial advisors including Copper Leaf Financial.
Apollo is currently Dimensional’s “secretary of explaining stuff.” In this role, he frequently presents around the country and the world at financial advisor professional conferences and individual investor events. Prior to joining Dimensional, Apollo served in a variety of roles with the US Department of State, from which he formed his own consulting firm, Apollo Consulting Group. His interests in finance and investments led him to teaching engagements at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Apollo received his PhD in economics and finance from UCSB and holds a BA from Michigan State University, where he competed in and coached water polo.
To register for this event, click here.