Virtual Townhall: Estate Planning Basics and What You Need to Know About Digital Assets
Estate Planning Basics and What You Need to Know About Digital Assets
Wednesday, May 18th, 12-1pm ET
Registration link: https://lu.ma/f4mj2rqq
Estate Planning in Vermont can be complicated. What about your digital assets? Have you identified them and are they protected as part of your estate plan?
Join us for our next virtual townhall as we speak with an expert about this and much more:
- What do you need to know about getting your estate plan in order here in Vermont?
- Will your estate be subject to VT's 16% estate tax?
- What steps should you take to get your personal ducks-in-a-row to prepare for an easy transition of your belongings and assets to your heirs?
- Digital assets - What happens to your online accounts, iTunes library, photos, travel points, credit card rewards, or virtual currency like Bitcoin when you pass away? Does your will or trust allow your beneficiaries access to these increasingly important parts of our lives?
- What are the laws and regulations pertaining to the accessibility of digital assets?
Michael L. Thompson, CAP®, AIF®, AEP® of Copper Leaf Financial welcomes estate planning attorney Andrew Kestner, Partner at Langrock Sperry & Wool in Burlington, Vermont. They will cover some estate planning basics and will discuss how digital assets should be addressed within your estate plan.
Join us, bring your questions, and find out how you can align your investments not only for today but for future generations. It can be done! Register by clicking here or the image below!
More about Andrew Kestner, Esq.:
Andy’s estate planning practice involves working closely with clients of all levels of wealth to prepare tailored, yet comprehensive, estate plans including revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney, and advanced health care directives. He assists clients in meeting their objectives for the transfer of personal and financial legacies, and also offers strategic planning to mitigate gift and estate tax when appropriate. For more information about Andy please click here.