Retirement Cash Flow Management
What comes to mind when you think of retirement planning? Was it saving enough money to live the lifestyle you’ve envisioned and to do the things you’ve planned? It’s great if that came to mind and this is a crucial component to retirement planning, but it is not the only part to having a successful retirement.
The financial skills that you need for this new phase of your life can be complicated and planning should be done before your retirement begins. You will need a “spend-down” strategy to manage your cash flow in retirement. This will help decrease your tax costs and increase your odds of having more money in retirement.
Our spend-down strategies include:
• Strategizing to minimize taxes while you’re still accumulating wealth, as well as during retirement.
• Moving past the traditional tax goal of paying the least amount in a single year to maintaining the most amount of wealth over your lifetime.
• Defining the amount of money you need to achieve your desired retirement lifestyle and implementing a plan to fund it.
• Optimizing your Social Security payout to achieve maximum benefits.
• Reducing taxes on your estate by updating estate-planning documents to reflect the current tax law.
• Utilizing proven, field-tested strategies that have helped others through this transitional phase.
• Identifying opportunities to lower taxes through IRA conversions and distributions and rebalancing and managing your portfolio.
• Putting your plan in writing so you understand how you retirement lifestyle will be funded.
Copper Leaf Financial works with you to develop a plan that is customized for you to help manage your retirement cash flow and protect your wealth from excessive taxes when you are no longer receiving an income. A detailed plan can help maximize the wealth you share with future generations and causes most important to you. Call us today at (802) 878-2731 to schedule a spend-down strategy session and build your road map to financial success.