Financial Planning Tips: As You Begin Your Career
Following are vital tips – whatever your career, whatever your income.
(1) Understand your benefits package. That includes health insurance, pension plans, savings options, life and disability insurance. Make a list of questions and be sure they are answered.
(2) Take advantage of direct deposit. It ensures that there is money in your checking account so bills can be paid. Many employers allow you to split your deposit between checking and savings to ensure that you put something away on a regular basis.
(3) Be on top of your tax situation. Make sure the correct amount is being withheld from your pay, so there are no surprises when you file your return.
(4) Look to the future. Find out when you are eligible to participate in your company’s retirement plan and contribute to the max. Also, give serious consideration to disability and life insurance.
Whatever your income level is, these tips can maximize your ability to save for your future!
- Financial Tips for Life 101
- 10 Easy Tips for Saving Money
- Financial Tips for the “Childhood through College”: xxxx
- Financial Tips for “Marriage and Parenthood” Life State (coming soon)
- Financial Tips for “Home Ownership” Life Stage (coming soon)
- Financial Tips for “Life Emergencies” (coming soon)
- Financial Tips for “Retirement” (coming soon)
Copper Leaf Financials’ team of CPAs and experienced financial planners have worked with clients for more than 15 years to help them achieve their short and long-term financial objectives – mindful of the need to adjust strategies as life circumstances evolve.