3 Things to Know About Freezing Your Credit Report
There are a few things to consider when it comes to freezing your credit report:
1. A credit freeze restricts access to your credit report, making it more difficult for identity thieves to open new accounts in your name.
2. You will need to lift the freeze when you apply for credit. This can be done online, by phone, or by mail using the PIN you were assigned when you placed the freeze. Placing or lifting a credit freeze is free.
3. To place or lift a freeze you must contact each credit bureau separately.
- Equifax: www.equifax.com or 800.685.1111
- Experian: www.experian.com or 888.397.3742
- TransUnion: www.transunion.com or 888.909.8872
Need assistance with your financial goals and putting a solid plan into place? Contact Copper Leaf Financial. With offices in Rutland and Williston, Vermont we develop a customized wealth management plan designed to integrate every aspect of your financial life. Call us today at 802.878.2731 to schedule a strategy session and begin building your road map to financial success.
Article published in March 2020 edition of Eye on Money. If you would like to be added to our mail list please email email@example.com.